Director of Students
Director of Students
At our College, the Pastoral Care Team is committed to taking a proactive approach in developing skills that build resilience, promoting a College culture that emphasises respect, teamwork and participation – and reactive elements like providing comfort in response to hurt, or encouragement in the face of disappointment. We all seek to support your daughter in developing a strong skill set to draw upon as she navigates her life.
The purpose of Pastoral Care at our College is to:
- Create a sense of belonging through team building activities, such as working together on community service projects,
- Develop skills and knowledge through personal development and targeted workshops in order to prevent or address specific problems such as bullying,
- Track and monitor individual student progress enabling early intervention in identifying and dealing with specific needs,
- celebrating student achievements and contributions,
- provide guidance regarding study patterns, peer relations, post-school pathways and opportunities, and
- Provide access to passionate and dedicated teachers.
Pastoral care is most effective when there is a strong partnership between home and the College. Clear two-way communication, reminders and reinforcement (at home and at school) of strategies to support progress, and early intervention in identifying and addressing problems are vital to the effective exercise of pastoral care.
On Thursday, 6 August in place of the annual Interhouse Athletics Carnival, students participated in Year Level activities organised by the Pastoral Team. Dressed in their House colours, students enjoyed a variety of entertaining activities which focused on providing them with an opportunity to foster and strengthen their peer relationships and engage in team building activities.
I would like to thank our Heads of Year and Heads of House Ms Meg Henderson, Mrs Lisa Mowbray, Mrs Jaimee Seebohm, Ms Lucy Towers, Ms Jillian Turner and Mrs Tenille Hambly for their willingness to plan these activities.
Sept 4 – Student Free Day
Sept 7 – Year 7 & 10 Immunisations