Clinical Issues Committee update
Over the past months the Clinical Issues Committee has provided feedback to several organisations for the development and review of various publications and guidelines:
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) development of Standards for general practice residential aged care (1st edition). The Standards for GPRAC are a way to address the gaps between the Aged Care Quality Standards (1 July 2019) and the RACGP Standards for general practices (5th edition).
- The RACP consultation paper on the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2020-21, the primary mechanism for providing input on the approach the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) takes to determine public hospital funding.
- The RACGP’s review of its flagship publication – Medical care of older persons in residential aged care facilities – known commonly as the Silver Book. The committee looked specifically at Section B: General Approaches to Aged Care which will be available on the RACGP website in mid 2020. This will be the fifth edition of the resource, which was first developed more than 20 years ago.
- The Draft National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards Aged Care Module developed to allow organisations to meet the requirements of both the NSQHS and the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- National Aged Care Alliance Aged Care/Health Interface Working Group Position Paper, developed to highlight overlooked policy issues. The position paper was adapted by NACA into a submission for the Royal Commission for Aged Care Quality and Safety in September.